Resurrection Hope Part1

Resurrection Hope Part 2

Saturday, December 23, 2006

my Rock

Dear Lord
once upon a time
i saw Your standards were high
when I tried
I failed a thousand times
but I forgot Your love
and set Your grace aside

and slowly over time
my strength began to wane
i never truly
made Your love my Rock
and thus in my failure I waste away

Disheartened i rarely try anymore
Defeat has becomes the norm
and sin ruins my life...
Though I long for the days
when I sung Your praise
now in my shame
i can barely pray

So please help me to see the truth
that I can do nothing apart from You
and that as I try
to get it right
I bear fruit by Your Spirit
not by my own might
and that when I fail
I must not despair
For You love me and gave Yourself for me
the Cross shows You care

Finally Lord I ask
that You would be my Strength
that You'd encourage me
and lift me up again
and I want You as my Rock
always beneath my feet
so that i'll rely forever on Your love
in spite of the struggle i'll meet

2 comments:

spark said...

Happy New year! How ya doing?.. Hope you had a good Christmas, and that God blesses you lots. :)

awesome poem too, so true in depth. really nice that you share them. its so easy to feel low in those times. God is your strength. Nikki

James said...

great poem! thanks for sharing once again